Friday, November 7, 2008

Coming home

I've just come home after 2 days in hospital, and it feels soooo good to walk into my shady garden with the bougainvillea growing right up into the pine tree on the left. If you want to see how the house looked when we bought it in 1999 just scroll down...
...it was utterly neglected, some floors had collapsed, all the windows had to be replaced...
But what a challenge it was for us two architects, and what a really nice home to spend our retirement, so how could we say no?.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are OK and hospital wasn't anything serious. It's always good to be back home, I never really sow your house in its worst days, only after you did some serious work to it. In your photo it look really inviting! Cheers Shelagh!

Webradio said...

I hope it's good for You now, after the hospital...

Nice walk with You in Your garden...

Pretty photos...

See You later Shelagh !

Beth said...

Hope the hospital stay was nothing serious and all is well with you Shelagh!

Wow, you'd never know from the pics that that is the same house! Cheers to a job well done.

I found out from my parents yesterday that my sister is in South Africa right now vacationing. Spending 3 weeks between SA and Namibia. I'm dying of jealousy!

Saretta said...

Sorry to hear you were not well. Hope you're feeling better now! Take care!